Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jobs and Twins

Last week, we met with a woman named Sandy at the library. She is from The Choice Group. They help people with disabilities find jobs and they also help as job coaches on the jobs.  I was nervous when I first met her but then I felt more comfortable after we talked for a while. I told her I was most interested in a job working with animals but I would be interested in other types of jobs too. I have to call her or email her once a week to check in with her.

The other thing I want to write is that I cooked dinner for some friends of ours who just had twin boys. I cooked the whole meal (and my mom helped just a little by peeling some slippery apples and handling the raw chicken ( yuck!)). I made a salad, corn on the cob, cornbread, a chicken casserole, and apple crisp. It turned out really well. When we took them the food, we got to see the twins. They were very, very cute. I got to hold one of them. (He liked me.) My favorite part of the day was seeing the twins. I helped our friend Michelle, who is the grandmother, with their baby shower 2 months ago, so it was exciting to finally see them.

I am almost finished with school and with volunteering at Bethel Elementary. I will miss everybody at both schools!



Love, Daniela


www.TheChoiceGroup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment