Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Virginia Living Museum/Job interview!!!!

I've been working on finding a job with Sandy, my job counselor. Today I met her at the library and she told me that I am going to be able to have a job interview at The Virginia Living Museum!!!! (click on the word museum to get to their web-site).

I'm so excited!!! And I'm also very nervous!!!! This is my very first job interview. My interview is going to be on September 7th. Sandy is going to be at my interview with me so that I won't be so scared. My job would be to work on weekends at birthday parties at the museum and help explain about animals that we bring in to the party.

This afternoon my mom and I went to visit the museum to see what it was like. I've been there before but it was a long time ago. Do you want to know what I think about it? I think it is a really cool place!!! I think I would really love working there. I have lots of experience working with animals and children so this job is perfect.

I met a really nice young man working at the museum named Harrell. I told him about my job interview and he said that it is a wonderful place to work. He has worked there 2 years. I told him I had some disabilities and I was nervous. He said he has disabilities too and that the people at the museum have been wonderful to him. That made me feel so much better to know that.

For the next 2 weeks I need to practice my interview skills so I won't freeze during the interview. If people could email me or write comments on my blog with some good interview questions for me to answer I would really appreciate it. I want to write down lots of questions and answers to keep going over. I will post the questions and answers on the blog so other people with disabilities can use them to practice with too. (see below for some ideas what to do and NOT to do at a job interview.)

Wish me luck on September 7th and I'll let you know what happens!


love,

Daniela
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Good on you for getting your foot in the door.

    I have a question:

    "Never work with animals or children". Name one circumstance where that was not true.

    Describe your perfect birthday party. Then describe one for a 6-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl.

    What, in your opinion, makes a museum live?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be confident and relaxed. I wish you luck and hope you succeed in your interview! You will be fine, no worries!
    ~NativeBowhunter~

    ReplyDelete