Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Trip to DC - The I'm Determined Youth Summit!

Registering for the conference!

They gave us lots of free stuff, including a shirt, bag, and binder!

With my wonderful roommates Sara and Jasmine!

With Darren, one of the Summit Leaders

With Kim, another Summit Leader

Another Leader, Geoff

With Paul also on the Staff






Last weekend I went with my mom to the I'm Determined Youth Summit. It was in Washington DC. Our hotel was in Arlington Va. I met so many new friends. My roommates were very nice. I learned how to stand up for my rights. We visited the The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and the Newseum. On the last day we visited the Capitol and met with the staff of  Senators Warner and Webb. We also met with Heather Sawyer, Counsel, House Judiciary Committee.

It was the best weekend of my life!! I had so much fun with my friends and learned so many new things. I hope that I get the chance to go to another Youth Summit this  fall in Staunton Va. I have to apply and write another essay. Please wish me luck!!!

Tomorrow I will write more about my trip and show you  more  pictures.

love, Daniela


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Daniela!

    It's great to see the leaders being so friendly and kind.

    I'm sure you've made a lot of valuable contacts and friends.

    Keep standing up for your rights.

    I understand that the Newseum is a media museum.

    And you are very very privileged to live so close to the capital of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela, these are great pictures! Thank you for sharing. I'm excited to hear more about your trip to the Youth Summit and to see more pictures of the great time you had. I'd love to hear more about what the speakers talked about too.

    I'm very excited to meet you at Shepherds College in September!

    ReplyDelete