Saturday, August 7, 2010

Part 2 - The Youth Summit

 

Visiting the Senate Office Building

 A statue of Helen Keller at the Capitol

With my new Friends

With Kyle and Cory - two very nice young men

With the Staffers for Senators Webb and Warner and Cory and Jasmine

The Chamber of the Congressional Judiciary Committee




With Heather Sawyer. Judiciary Committee Counsel and Zachary

Here are some more pictures from last weekend. These are some of the people that I met. I also included a picture of the statue of Helen Keller. She was a great role model for people with disabilities.
She overcame her disabilities using sign language and braille.

I really loved everything that happened last weekend. It was so much fun!!

I wasn't brave enough yet to get up and ask questions. I hope one day that I will be able to do it. I was very impressed with the people who were able to stand up for themselves and others. I was really happy that they could do it on their own and without any help. They inspired me!!!

love, Daniela


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment