Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My job interview!!!!!!


This is how I dressed for my interview. See my beautiful nails!



Today I had a very exciting day. I had my very first job interview at the Virginia Living Museum! All morning I was really worried and nervous. I went and had a haircut so my hair would look nice. Yesterday I had a manicure AND a pedicure. Yesterday and today my mom and I practiced interview questions. It was hard!


At 2 pm today  we met my job counselor Sandy at the entrance of the museum. She and I went together for the interview. My mom waited by the gift shop.  The interviewer's name was Jen. She was really nice. She said that she was excited to meet me. I wasn't nervous at all!  I spoke right up and talked to her. She asked me questions and I answered them with no problem. I didn't freeze! I was so afraid that I would. She said that the job would be helping kids with birthday parties and helping them with other parties they have at the museum. I think that would be a great job. Before I knew it, the interview was over.  Sandy was really, really proud of me! When we met my mom, I gave her 2 thumbs up. Sandy told her I did really well. My mom gave me a big hug. She said she was so proud of me!!!!!


After the interview, my mom let me get donuts at Dunkin Donuts and then we went to Walmart to buy  3 new Miley Cyrus shirts. She was REAAAAALLLLLYYY proud of me!!

I don't whether I'm going to get the job or not. I really hope I do. I love it at The Living Museum. If  I don't get the job, then my mom said I can do some volunteer work there.

If you have any disabilities and you want to go apply for a job, don't be afraid. Just be yourself. At the interviews there are no wrong answers. You can do it. I know you can. I did it and it was great to stand up for myself!!!!!!!



love,


Daniela

7 comments:

  1. You are so AWSOME!!! I'm so proud of you Daniela you did a great job! I really am praying that you get this job and that you enjoy it as much as Jeremy loves working at WalMart. Your right, if you have a disabilitie don't let that stop you, go out and give it the best you can!!
    Hope all goes well and keep us posted on how this turns out.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to know that there are no wrong answers in interviews. A lot of us are terrified of right or wrong, especially at such a high-stakes thing.

    Jen and Sally seem really great.

    Great treating yourself afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniela, this is Jeremy. No words can describe how supremely proud I am of you at this moment. I recall how nervous and how on edge you were before the interview, but now look at ya! You're going to work for the Virginia Living Museum! This just makes me love you even more!
    Git'r'done!!!!
    Love,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Daniela! I saw your blog site and love it! You are such a beautiful person, inside and out! - Cathy Humphrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping it simple while maintaining the professional look works fine in giving off a good impression to your interviewer. Also, nice job on that day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be yourself! This is one of the best advice that will surely help you land your desired job. If Sandy said that you did great, then I think you probably got the job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a good job interview experience! I’m sure you had a bit of nerves going into it, but it’s good that you let your confidence and personality shine through. The job sounds really fun! Did you get it? I hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete