Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I received some surprise presents in the mail!

My signed poster of Hand Held

My signed Poster of the Lion King

Signed by the Producer of the Lion King - Don Hahn! 


From Tina -

I'll explain a little about these gifts before Daniela writes. Several weeks ago  I wrote a review for Adoption Today Magazine about an incredible documentary called Hand Held (which I will also soon be reviewing here on the blog). Hand Held, directed by (Academy Award nominated) Don Hahn, is the story of a photojournalist named Michael Carroll who went to Romania 20 years ago to photograph the horrible conditions in the hospitals and orphanages. He started an amazing charity that we support and have visited in Romania called Romanian Children's Relief.

In appreciation for the magazine review, the production director, Maggie Gisel sent Daniela a signed poster for the documentary. When Daniela asked who Don Hahn was, we decided to google him. It turns out he is the producer of the both The Lion King AND The Beauty and the Beast!!! When I let Ms. Gisel know that the Lion King was Daniela's absolute favorite movie of all time, they were also kind enough to send her the signed poster above. I was so touched by their gesture (and also by hearing from Mr. Hahn personally!) because it was really an honor to write the review. You'll be hearing more about the movie soon. Until then check out the links above!

I'll let Daniela write from here -

I never expected to receive three signed posters by Fed Ex!!!!!! I was so excited that they were signed by the producer of the Lion King!!! I want to thank them so much for sending them to me. I would love to go to California to meet Mr. Hahn and Ms. Gisel. I'm going to put one poster in my room at home and take one poster to college with me. I really love them!!!!

love, Daniela

2 comments:

  1. Daniela, you are so deserving! We are very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!

    Very very touched.

    Hope you do get to go to California as part of your travelling dream.

    (The Lion King is probably one of my favourite Disney movies - for the music, and for Rowan Atkinson playing the wise mandrill).

    Keep writing, Daniela and Tina.

    (Hand Held: such a hard-hitting documentary for a cause. And in your lives it is not a cause only. I must remember that).

    Really enjoying the Postcards for Children. They give a pause for reflection.

    ReplyDelete