Saturday, April 17, 2010

Volunteering At Bethel Elementary

Today I'm going to write about my volunteer job at Bethel Elementary School. Two or three days a week,  my mom takes me to work with a wonderful teacher named Flora Brunjes. She teaches students who have some learning challenges.

I love working with her and helping the students. The kids are friendly and smart. If they need help, they know they can come to me.

For my birthday they gave me a surprise party. I was REALLY surprised!!!

I want to thank Ms. Flora for leting me work with her.




In the bottom picture, I am in the classroom next to Ms. Flora's back when I was in the 5th grade. I was with my special education teacher Mrs. Burrell. She was my teacher from first to fifth grade. She helped me learn so many things. She taught me how to read and write. and so many other things. She made a big difference in my life!  Now I go in and help her in her classroom sometimes as well. That is so much fun!

This is her last year of teaching. She is going to retire and I will miss her so much. So will everyone else at Bethel.

Working with children is another career I might like to have in the future.


Love, Daniela

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Daniela! You are a super helper and all of my students get so excited when you come to volunteer. I remember when you were in 5th grade in Mrs. Burrell's room:)! You have always been friendly, smart, beautiful, and so helpful! I really appreciate all that you do for me and my students! Oh by the way...did I tell you that I LOVE your blog? See you soon, Mrs. Flora

    ReplyDelete