Wednesday, April 28, 2010

College interviews Part 1 - Clemson

This is Daniela -

First I want to say that I am so excited about my trip to DC in July with the Youth Summit. My mom says she already wrote about it while I was volunteering.  I was very happy I got invited. It is an honor. I get to stay in a hotel and stay in a room with other girls with disabilities who are trying to be independent.  My parents are very proud of me!

Now I am going to tell you about my first interview.  The first day we got to Clemson University in South Carolina, we went on a tour of the college with a really nice college student who was my age.  I really loved the football stadium and the bookstore. Then we went to a Clemson store. I bought a jacket and sweatpants that I love.

The next day, we went to meet lots of other families who were going to have interviews too.  I was a little nervous. I didn't know anybody there and I had to go off without my mom first thing to watch a class with the students in the program. We watched a movie with a video of the new We Are the World song.  It was fun. My mom stayed with the other parents and learned more about the LIFE program. Then we all went to have lunch in a HUGE cafeteria. I didn't eat much because I was nervous. Everyone was really nice though.  Then my mom and I went to another class and we watched the students pretend to interview each other. They did a really good job. The students there seemed really smart. They get to live in apartments and do all kinds of activities and classes. It looked really fun.

After that, I went for my interview with Dr. Sanders, without my mom. She is the head of Clemson LIFE. I was a little scared but she was really nice. She asked me what kind of classes I might want to take. I told her sign language, guitar lessons, and chess. Then my mom came in and we left to go to the bookstore so I could buy "The Last Song" and we went to get some ice cream that they make from cows that live at the college. I had a Tiger shake. The Tigers are their mascot.

It was a great day! I would love to be able to go there.

Next time, I will tell you about my interview at the Horizons School in Alabama!

love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment